1. I no longer need to feel guilty about sleeping in. I DO WHAT I WANNNNTT
|This is an old picture but it makes my point. And yes.. I am sleeping on the floor of a van. Deal.|
2. My Pinterest boards have never had so much action: http://pinterest.com/emilykaett/ (It is extremely satisfying to organize things onto boards when you are unemployed. It creates a false sense of productivity and accomplishment.)
3. I have time to get obsessed about really weird things and hobbies. Currently I am dead determined to get a Filofax (probably not the actual brand but the type of agenda). Yeah..Thanks Pinterest. But seriously..who doesn't want a badass organizer like this full of organized awesomeness?? And who doesn't want to buy me one? I will love you forever if you buy me one....hint hint.
|Picture and Idea taken from: http://www.nadiavdmescht.co.za/2013/07/filofax-love.html|
4. I can have three hour conversations in the middle of the night with my mom. LOVE her. (I miss Target almost as much as I miss my mom.. Ok yes I miss my mom way more but...I miss Target a LOT)
5. Monday Mojitos: We (husband and I) have the time to experiment with and make bulk mojitos (strawberry) and drink them in the middle of the week. It was awesome. Be jealous.
6. We FINALLY (after three summers) went to the outdoor movies on Montjuïc. For those of you that don't know what Montjuïc is it is basically a large hill/foothill that is a part of Barcelona. At the bottom there are government buildings and really pretty fountains and at the top there is a castle. And this is where we watched the 70s comedy "Avanti!" It was a perfect night:
--Side note "Mastercard" commercial: 12€ for 2 tickets, 6€ for 2 chairs, 5€ for food, perfect night at an outdoor movie on the side of a castle: Priceless.
7. Time enough to take life in. By this I mean that we are not rushing around to "find" time for fun etc. etc. but we can actually "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. Sometimes, though this time was not quite planned, it is absolutely essential to put life on hold and just........Be. I think this picture is a good summation. This is from our walk up to the outdoor movies (re: #6) and we had enough time that I could see a bit of the sunset, take some touristy pictures, and enjoy it. We had never done this walk in our three years of living here together.
8. Family Time. Now most of you might be thinking (because you are my family and wonderful) but your family isn't close! But half of my family is close. And not having to worry about going to bed early for work or fitting everything around work hours we have gotten to spend some quality time with the Catalan side of our family. And I have also had the time (re: #1) to have great conversations with my family back home because I don't need to worry about the time difference.
9. Unemployment has given me ample time to discover the internet. Even the dark, dark corners of the internet like 9gag.com and buzzfeed.com... Don't go. You'll never come out of it. But this is an awesome reason to start aimlessly browsing the internet:
(Is it just me is or is it really unfair that Olivia Wilde is not only a great actress and badass person but she CAN WRITE too? UGH. Some people just get all the luck.)
10. I now can (guilt-free, mostly) maintain my slight obsession with TV series. I watch just about any series but mostly a lot of crappy dramas from ABCFamily. Yeah I know. It's weird. But hey... I also keep up with quality shows like "The Newsroom" and.. well I think that is the only show of real substance that I watch during the summer. Check back with me when the new season starts in September.